What are fractionated lasers and how can they be used to dramatically improve the texture of my skin?
Dr. Anna suggests getting face lasers as one of the first courses of action to improve the texture of her patient’s skin.
These lasers use two wavelengths of non-invasive laser light which penetrate the skin into thousands of microscopic and microthermal treatment zones, which end up stimulating collagen and elastin and resurfaces the skin. It is used to help treat facial lines and wrinkles, acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and freckles. The reason these lasers are described as “fractionated”, is because the lasers specifically target the specific zone and leave the surrounding healthy tissue unaffected.
How painful is the procedure?
Due to numbing topical cream applied before the treatment, this procedure can be described as being more hot than anything else, with the result looking as though the patient has spent too much time in the sun.
- Keep in mind that these lasers are not only used for facial treatments, but can also be used on patients’ neck, chest, hands and legs.
- Anna suggests patients not use any peels, acids, retinoids or products for a week before the procedure.
- This procedure takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- There are no side effects and minimal downtime from this procedure.
Celebrities using Fraxel/Fractionated Laser Treatments:
- Christopher Zachary from the University of California has been recorded saying that celebrities such as Gwyneth Paltrow can sit at home and “rejuvenate her face with a hand-held Fraxel device while watching reruns of her old movies!”
- Jhene Aiko, a well-known singer with beautiful glowing skin says that her amazing complexion is due to her Fraxel Laser treatments.
- Jennifer Aniston loves her “laser porn” – her obsession with going onto the internet and reading all about face lasers and which ones are the most effective. She loves getting her face lasers and says she feels much younger than her age.