Dr. Anna Loves:
Healthy Eating Dinner Recipes
Many of Dr. Anna’s clients are often on-the-go and are curious about healthy and easy dinner ideas.
We have narrowed it down to three of Dr. Anna’s top favourite dinner recipes that are loved by all five of her kids, her husband, and herself. Try them out and let us know how you enjoyed them too!
Salmon with Curry Mayonnaise
2 pounds of salmon, skin on, bones removed
2 Tablespoons of butter
1 Clove of mashed garlic
¼ Teaspoon of salt
Some freshly ground pepper
¾ Cup of mayonnaise
1 teaspoon of curry powder
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
• Melt the butter and add the garlic, salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature. Lay the salmon fillet, skin side down, onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread the butter mixture on top. Bake the fish in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the flesh is firm to the touch at the thickest point. The salmon can also be cooked on the barbecue over medium-high heat, on foil.
• While the fish is cooking, combine mayonnaise and curry powder. Place in a small serving dish.
• When the salmon is cooked, cut into serving pieces and pass the sauce at the table.
• Voila! Dinner is served.
Pileci Paprikas (Chicken Paprikash)
1 Medium frying chicken
3 Tbsp. butter
2 Tsp. Paprika
2 Tbsp. Flour
1 Large onion, chopped
1 Cup of chicken stock
1 Cup of sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
• Clean the chicken and cut it into pieces
• Melt the butter over medium heat.
• When it begins to foam, increase the heat and sauté the chopped onion in it.
• When the onion begins to brown, add the chicken pieces and sauté until they are browned on both sides.
• Remove from heat, season with salt, paprika, and pepper.
• Sprinkle with flour.
• Add the chicken stock.
• Stir well and cover the saucepan.
• Bring the stock to a boil, reduce the heat, and summer until the chicken is tender.
• From time to time, add a little water if required.
• When the chicken is tender, add the sour cream and bring to just below the boiling point.
• Serve with dumplings or noodles.
• Bon Appetit!
INGREDIENTS FOR LAMB:
1 Pound boneless leg of lamb trimmed of all fat
1 Tablespoon of hoisin sauce
2 Teaspoons dark soy sauce
2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons of cooking oil
1 Red bell pepper
3 Green onions
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE:
4 Cloves of garlic
1 Tablespoon of dry sherry
1 Tablespoon of dark soy sauce
1 Tablespoon of oriental sesame oil
2 Teaspoon of red wine vinegar
1 Teaspoon of Chinese chili sauce
¼ Teaspoon of sugar
¼ Teaspoon of salt
• Cut the lamb into 1/8-inch slices, then cut the slices into very thin slivers. Place the meat in a bowl and mix in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons of the cooking oil.
• Stem, seed, and cut the pepper into 1-inch-long slivers. Cut the green onions into the same length slivers.
• Mince the garlic and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and mix well.
• Place the salsa and guacamole in decorative bowls.
• Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat for 8 minutes in a 350 degree F oven.
• Combine the corn starch with an equal amount of cold water, and set aside.
• Place a wok over highest heat … when the wok is very hot, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and the garlic. Tilt the wok to coat the sides with the oil.
• When the garlic just begins to turn white, in about 15 seconds, add the lamb. Stir-fry until the lamb just loses its raw outside colour, about 1 minute.
• Next, stir in the red pepper and green onions. Pour in the sauce. When the sauce comes to a low boil, stir in a little of the cornstarch mixture so the sauce glazes the lamb. Taste and adjust the seasonings, then spoon onto a heated platter or individual plates.
• Serve with the salsa, guacamole, and hot flour tortillas! Great for the whole family!
• Alternative to tortillas: serve on rice or substitute the lamb for chicken
We love learning new recipes!
Feel free to reach out to us anytime and let us know your quick and easy family dinner recipes!
Dr. Anna always encourages healthy living and a healthy lifestyle, and one of the main facets of this is nutrition! Eat, sleep, exercise. We recommend whole unprocessed foods, local fruits and vegetables which are high in vitamins and nutrients.
To schedule a complimentary consultation or to book a treatment:
Please call 250.590.0883 or visit our online booking system.
Dr Anna Medical Aesthetics
#322 – 1964 Fort St, Victoria, BC. V8R 6R3