Belkyra™ (Chin Fullness Reduction)
This treatment is for dissolving unwanted fat around the jawline, neck and under the chin.
To schedule a complimentary in-person or virtual consultation, or to book a treatment, please call 250.590.0883.
- Both FDA and Health Canada approved, Belkyra™ is the first and only non-surgical treatment in Canada for improvement of the appearance of fullness in the area under the chin.
- The generic name for Belkyra™ is deoxycholic acid.
- Deoxycholic acid injection is in a class of medications called cytolytic medications. It works by breaking down cells in fatty tissue. The results are permanent.
- *Belkyra™ is known as Kybella in the USA
What to expect
- 2% Deoxycholic acid injection is used to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe submental fat.
- Belkyra™ treatment typically takes about 15-20 minutes.
- You may require up to 4 treatments and the number of treatments will be determined during your consultation with Dr. Anna.
- Do NOT, touch, press, rub, massage, or manipulate the treatment area.
- Ice the treated areas for the next 24 hours. Place the icepack on the area for 20 minutes and remove the ice pack for 20 minutes. Continue this pattern for 24 hours.
- Apply (over the counter) Arnica gel to the treatment area to help decrease the bruising, swelling, and discomfort.
- Take (over the counter) acetaminophen and/or pain reliever if needed to decrease post treatment discomfort.
- Sleep on your back and with head elevated for the next 3-5 days after treatment.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids after treatment.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for 3-5 days after treatment.
- Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. These items may increase bleeding and bruising.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods and cigarettes 24-48 hours after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
- Avoid cosmetic treatments such as injectables, laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion to the deoxycholic treatment area. Ideal Image can assist and advise in coordinating specific treatment timing with other concurrent aesthetic services.
- Call our office immediately if you develop an asymmetric smile or facial muscle weakness, skin ulceration in the treatment area, difficulty swallowing, or if any existing symptom worsens.
Toxin free & vitamin based skincare.
Our mission is to offer a line of medical grade skincare products that are 100% safe, free of toxins and effective for any age and skin condition. All of our products are made in Canada and have been dermatologically tested.
To schedule an in-person or virtual complimentary consultation:
Please call 250.590.0883
Dr. Anna Medical Aesthetics
#322 – 1964 Fort St, Victoria, BC. V8R 6R3
We follow all current Public Health Covid 19 protocols and CPSBC guidelines for communication with the public.