We have a range of dermal fillers to treat every area on the face. Ask Dr. Anna about fillers today.
To schedule a complimentary in-person or virtual consultation, or to book a treatment, please call 250.590.0883.
Dermal fillers are the natural choice for reducing the appearance of lines, wrinkles, hollow cheeks, and enhancing facial volumes.
- Also known as injectable implants, fillers are injected into the treatment site to improve the texture and volume of the face. Fillers can be used in conjunction with lasers/microneedling.
- Unlike neuromodulators, fillers do not reduce the activity of muscles in the face.
- Dermal fillers are safe and naturally processed through the body over time.
- Depending on the product and where it is injected, fillers last from six months to one year.
What to expect
- Results are usually immediate although some patients experience slight swelling.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, massaging your face, and alcohol for 24 hours after treatment.
- Bruising: Bruising is the most commonly reported post-treatment concern. It can be very slight to very noticeable and may last for 2-14 days. Treatment includes the following:
—Ice for the first 48 hours. 20 minutes on and then off.
—Warm compresses after 48 hours. 20 minutes on and then off.
—Arnica: Arnica is an oral and topical homeopathic medication. Oral medication is taken as directed. Topical can be applied 3 times daily, or as needed to the injected site.
- Swelling: Treatment for swelling is as follows – Ice for 20 minutes on and then off until swelling is improved, usually within 2-3 days for lower face injections. Tear trough injections usually have 2-14 days of swelling.
- Cold Sores: If you are having an injection of the lips and have a history of cold sores, you need to take an anti-viral medication to prevent an outbreak. A prescription can be obtained from our office. Please make your medical doctor aware at the time of your consult.
- Discomfort/Pain: Advil or Tylenol can be taken for any soreness after injection which is common. If you notice any grayness of the skin or a dramatic increase in pain, please call the office immediately 250 590 0883.
Toxin free & vitamin based skincare.
Our mission is to offer a line of medical grade skincare products that are 100% safe, free of toxins and effective for any age and skin condition. All of our products are made in Canada and have been dermatologically tested.
To schedule an in-person or virtual complimentary consultation:
Please call 250.590.0883
Dr. Anna Medical Aesthetics
#322 – 1964 Fort St, Victoria, BC. V8R 6R3
We follow all current Public Health Covid 19 protocols and CPSBC guidelines for communication with the public.