Sclerotherapy (Spider Vein Treatment)
Sclerotherapy is an injectable treatment for spider veins.
To schedule a complimentary in-person or virtual consultation, or to book a treatment, please call 250.590.0883.
What to expect
- During the treatment, a mild sclerosing solution is injected into the veins. The injectable agent irritates the inner lining of the vein, causing it to collapse and “sclerose”. The vein eventually fades and the number of treatments is individual. Results vary from client to client and may not be permanent.
- Proper bandaging following sclerotherapy is critical for the success of the procedure. Leave the cotton balls, compression bandages, and compression stockings in place for 24 hours. After 24 hours, remove the compression tape and cotton balls. You may find it easier to remove the compression tape after soaking in a warm bath or shower. Put the compression stockings back on after the bandages are removed.
- Compression stockings should be worn at all times until bedtime for 14 days. It is not necessary to sleep with your stockings on. Remove them prior to bathing.
- Bruising and discoloration are common after sclerotherapy. These issues will resolve over a number of weeks. It is very important to avoid sun exposure to the treatment areas after sclerotherapy. Sun exposure can cause hyper-pigmentation (skin darkening) in treated areas. Wear protective clothing and a broad-spectrum mineral sun block for at least 1 month after the treatment.
- Exercise following sclerotherapy is okay. Avoid strenuous, high-impact activities for one week after the treatment.
- Avoid excessively hot baths, showers, hot tubs, ocean or lake swimming, and swimming pools for two weeks after the treatment.
- Occasionally, when treating larger vessels, a small clot or “knot” may develop. If this happens, we would like for you to call us. Sometimes we do a simple extraction of this clot or may opt to let it dissolve on its own.
- Pain after sclerotherapy is usually minimal and goes away after 1-2 days. If you experience discomfort, you may take a Tylenol or Extra-Strength Tylenol. If you experience significant pain, redness, swelling, crusting, or bleeding, call our office immediately.
Toxin free & vitamin based skincare.
Our mission is to offer a line of medical grade skincare products that are 100% safe, free of toxins and effective for any age and skin condition. All of our products are made in Canada and have been dermatologically tested.
To schedule an in-person or virtual complimentary consultation:
Please call 250.590.0883
Dr. Anna Medical Aesthetics
#322 – 1964 Fort St, Victoria, BC. V8R 6R3
We follow all current Public Health Covid 19 protocols and CPSBC guidelines for communication with the public.